Mum and Baby Pilates
A class you can do and bring your baby
The class provides an extremely safe and effective way to rehabilitate your body from six weeks post-partum. Pilates is the perfect way to strengthen the body from the inside out, focusing on the abdominals and pelvic floor with the added benefit that you can bring your baby.
You may be struggling with:
- Separation of your tummy muscles
- Bladder and Bowel dysfunction
- Chronic Pelvic Pain/Low back pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Returning to exercise after your baby
Pilates will help by:
- Strengthening your pelvic floor muscles that have been weakened by pregnancy.
- Help with incontinence
- Retrain your abdominal muscles
- Re-educate correct posture
- Help to relieve tension
Babies can lie next to you, on your body or sit in a car seat, whichever suits you and your baby. If you need to feed your baby during the class, this is no problem.
Please bring a rug for your baby to lie on or perhaps a buggy or car seat.
Please Note: To attend the class you must have been given permission by your health professional following your 6 week check (if you have had a Caesarian-section this might be longer.
DBS Checked (previously known as CRB)